A country that the subject of the publication is made.
Example 1: A country where a HAB event occurred.
Example 2: A country where a research on the topic of a publication was conducted.
How to use: Choose an appropriate country, if any, from the pull-down menu.
Year of publication
How to use: Type the year (e.g. 2000) or duration (e.g. 1990 ~ 2000, 1990 ~, ~ 2000) to search, if any.
[Type of HAB]
Red Tide or Toxin-producing Plankton
How to use: Choose Red Tide or Toxin-producing Plankton from the pull-down menu.
Type of content
How to use: Choose an interested category from the pull-down menu, if any.
Respective categories include topics as shown in a table below. Possible keywords found in literature are also listed up in the table.
|Category||Explanation of Category
- Information on HAB occurrence (location, duration, etc.)
- Monitoring on natural plankton population (mass, cyst, dormant cell, resting cell, mortality, etc.)
- Monitoring activity on red tide and shellfish toxins (PSP, DSP, damage, etc.)
- Plankton enumeration technique, etc
- Mechanism of HAB initiation (nutrient, cyst germination, cyst formation, etc.
- Mechanism of toxin production and accumulation
- Environmental condition related to HAB (precipitation, radiation, etc.)
- Inter-species relationship involving HAB species and algicidal organism (growth inhibition, algicidal bacteria, etc.)
- Antifungal/antivirus metabolites, etc.
- Plankton physiology and ecophysiology (sperm formation, intracellular bacteria, etc.)
- Growth rate measurement (nutrient requirement, etc)
- Histology (histological analysis, atc.)
- Toxin production (axenic culture, etc.), etc
- Morphology of plankton species (species-specific DNA probe, ultrastructure, etc.)
- Molecular biological species identification (monoclonal antibody, etc.)
- Cyst identification
- DNA sequencing, etc.
- Economic loss of HAB (Death en mass of cultured fish and bivalves, etc.)
- Numerical simulation on HAB dispersion
- Prediction method for HAB occurrence
- Countermeasures against HAB (algicidal bacteria, algicidal virus, clay spraying, etc.), etc.
- Toxin chemistry (HPLC, toxin composition, structural analysis of toxic substance, etc.)
- Effect on fish, shellfish, and mouse (oxygen radicals, etc.)
- Pathology of fish/shellfish
- Enumeration technique for bacteria
- Distribution of cyst, etc.
*Terms which is closely related to the explanation in bullets are written in brackets. These terms are also used in publication title and in contents. They can also be the Keyword to be used when searching the reference using "Word(s) in Title".
In addition, HAB Reference Database has picked-up the species names of the target plankton of each study. This will help you search your concerned information on certain plankton species.
Name of a genus or a species to search
How to use: Choose a genus from pull-down menu for the genus list. Then choose a species epithet from pull-down menu. Choosing spp. means to search all species of the pre-set genus. "And/Or" search is applicable.
[Surname(s) of Author]
Surname(s) to search from Authors of the publication.
How to use: Type surname(s) to search. "And" search is applicable.
[Word(s) in Title]
Word(s) to search from title of the publication.
How to use: Type word(s) to search. "And" search is applicable.
[Display per page]
Number of publications displayed per page at once.
How to use: Choose appropriately from the pull-down menu.
Copyright © 2006 NOWPAP CEARAC